Friday, August 24, 2007

Taking on Siblings( Please note the spelling change-ERIC)


Well it has started....the love and hate(frusteration) of siblings.
Wyatt adores his sister-unless she gets in his way that is.When Wyatt gave up his Nuk a week ago at the dentist office -(he sadly looked at his little sister who is still holding on to hers for dear life) I knew that the competition had begun! Emerson can be knocked down, hit, bitten, pushed or have her toys taken by her big brother and she still looks at him with adoring eyes.

I recognize those endearing eyes because I had those same eyes...I would still do anything for my big brother. I remember (though Eric would never admit) the manipulation that went on because he knew I would do whatever he wanted to win his approval! I can't imagine life without Eric and I still want him to approve everything I do....even if it means buying my son the Wisconsin Badgers football uniform (yes, I did!)
For now, I watch the two of them hoping that they will be the best of buds and know that they are the only two people that will know eachother the longest in this life. I hope that the sibbling stuff doesn't get too mean and hope that they know how blessed they are to have eachother.

I guess I will sit back and enjoy the ride (most days) and realize in the end they will know how much they love eachother and someday (soon) Emerson will be able to fight for her rights.......!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, how sweet. You spelled siblings wrong.

Anonymous said...

kidding of course...
luv, eric